RE: Debunking the need for "text-only" parallel sites

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:52:14 -0700
To: Greg Lowney <greglo@microsoft.com>
Cc: WAI IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 07:34 AM 5/21/1999 -0700, Greg Lowney wrote:
>The Accessibility and Disabilities Group at Microsoft has an automated
>system that produces each page in two formats, one fully formatted and one
>that is text-only.

Is this an admission that you can't produce a page that can be
accessed by everyone and degrades nicely?  If so, are you looking
to hire someone who can? :)  Warning, I don't come cheap. ;)

>(Naturally, though, that hotkey is only available to people running modern

IE 5?

Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
President, Governing Board Member
HTML Writers Guild <URL:http://www.hwg.org>
Director, Accessible Web Authoring Resources and Education Center