Re: Selfish Reasons for Web Accessibility

From: <Lovey@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 1999 20:35:41 EDT
To: kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com, bbailey@clark.net
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

In a message dated 5/7/99 9:12:50 PM, kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com writes:

<< http://aware.hwg.org/why/selfish.html >>

Hola,
SELFISH REASON #2: Avoiding Expensive Lawsuits
Begging your pardon - but this is IMHO the worst "incentive".
I like the the Human Factors:
SELFISH REASON #4: The Buying Power of People with Di$abilities
SELFISH REASON #6: What Will The Web Be Like When I'm 65?
SELFISH REASON #7: Nobody Plans to be Disabled
- and -
One in 5 people in the World is disAbled
The problem I see is that there is no feedback, no objections to these
articles and attitudes ***from the people who NEED accessible websites***.
Most probably do not know the effort that has been put into it for them and
would be incensed by the replies these "webmasters" make.
Christmas Tree lights!
-LK