ES,NE

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 08:21:43 -0700
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Everything Simple, Nothing Easy.

We keep having to answer if this accessibility stuff doesn't make the
web author's job too tedious.  I just got the first rewrite in a year of
my signature site and it took a long time - but mainly because of my
incompetence since there weren't any special efforts needed for
accessibility since it's essentially an all-text site but I got to
experience first-hand the vagaries of trying to get HTML 4 (even without
style sheets but with the STYLE element) to validate and run in IE, NS,
and Opera - although the latter was less of a problem.

One of the things about the "tedium" is that it is ultimately rewarded
with triumph of a small sort.  "Look, Ma, I'm a Web Master!"
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE