Re: Print-and-post forms

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 09:57:20 -0400 (EDT)
To: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
cc: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I like that and also the ones that you can download and fill out and
print.  do you have an url example I can take a look at?

On Sun, 6 Sep 1998, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

** One of the nicest ways I have found of doing these, for all concerned
** parties, is to create an HTML form (without a submit button)
**
** Although it may require a signature, which can only be added by hand (so
** far as I can figure out) all the other information can be entered in a
** form on-screen, which allows the use of assistive technology such as
** screen readers, as well as enabling the writing on the form to be
** computer generated and legible (assuming people use a legible font on
** their printer).
**
** Trying to organise conferences where people handwrite important
** information in an incomprehensible scrawl made me realise the value of
** this technique. Having to produce a form which was print-and-post because
** a cheque or money order had to be mailed made me realise the benefits
** that it could provide to the people filling in the form.
**
** Charles McCathieNevile
**

--