Print-and-post forms

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 1998 21:13:07 +1000 (EST)
To: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
One of the nicest ways I have found of doing these, for all concerned
parties, is to create an HTML form (without a submit button)

Although it may require a signature, which can only be added by hand (so
far as I can figure out) all the other information can be entered in a
form on-screen, which allows the use of assistive technology such as
screen readers, as well as enabling the writing on the form to be
computer generated and legible (assuming people use a legible font on
their printer).

Trying to organise conferences where people handwrite important
information in an incomprehensible scrawl made me realise the value of
this technique. Having to produce a form which was print-and-post because
a cheque or money order had to be mailed made me realise the benefits
that it could provide to the people filling in the form.

Charles McCathieNevile