Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:57:16 +0000
From: Dick Banks <rbanks2@DISCOVER-NET.NET>
To: EASI@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU
Subject: Universal Design (frwd)

The latest issue of Networking [ http://node.on.ca/networking ] contains
an article which might be of interest to your readers.  We ask that you
post the following to your listerv.

------------------

Universal Design for the Information Highway

The latest edition of Networking < http://node.on.ca/networking >
features an article which explores universal design for the information
highway.  The article looks at the potential of the Internet to open --
and close -- doors to different users, and investigates the legal and
design imperatives for an inclusive World Wide Web.

To complement this feature, the NODE has compiled series of supporting
resources on adaptive technologies geared towards educators, trainers,
website developers, and anyone who thinks the web should be an inclusive
medium.  These resources are available at http://node.on.ca/tfl/adaptive
.

These services are brought to you by the NODE Learning Technologies
Network < http://node.on.ca >, a not-for-profit electronic network
facilitating information and resource-sharing, collaboration and
research in the field of learning technologies for  post-secondary
education and training.  Our website provides current, comprehensive
information for learners and practitioners engaged in
technologically-mediated teaching and learning.
--
Leslie Fournier

E-Mail:         lfournier@node.on.ca
Website:                http://node.on.ca
the NODE
Stevenson-Lawson Building
The University of Western Ontario
London * Ontario * Canada * N6A 5B8
"WHAT'S NEW AT THE NODE" *  http://node.on.ca/whatsnew

Dick Banks                                                        EASI
Electronic Resource Manager
EASI: Equal Access to Software and Information   http://www.rit.edu/~easi
EASI Online Workshops                                      EASI Listening
http://www.rit.edu/~easi/workshops.html
http://www.rit.edu/~easi/audio/listen.html