Re: webwatch-l New Web Standards Advocacy Project

At 09:39 p.m. 08/09/98 -0400, Chris Maden wrote:
>[David Poehlman]
>> it would have been nice had they used alt tags in their images.
>> On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Patrick Burke wrote:
>> > http://www.webstandards.org
>Both one of their founding members and one of their designers have
>said that it isn't possible to get good design in all browsers and
>still be standards-compliant.

How petty is it of me to notice that nearly all of the sites linked
to from http://www.webstandards.org/members.html member bios don't
pass validation according to http://validator.w3.org/?  I shudder
to think of what Bobby would make of 'em.

(Tooting my own horn:  www.hwg.org, linked to from Ann's bio, does
pass validation and Bobby, as does www.cgu.edu, the Claremont
Graduate University homepage (but not the rest of the site), and
www.idyllmtn.com (although the accessibility of that page is
seriously doubtful, regardless of what Bobby may think...))

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
Vice President, Marketing and Outreach, HTML Writers Guild