BBC Websites Update

From: Iain Wilkie Logan <iainlogan@enterprise.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1998 19:01:26 +0100 (BST)
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Just a brief note to say that in the course of my accessibility related
activities concerning various public UK websites, I've come across clear
evidence that the BBC is addressing the accessibility issue positively.

Whilst this is very good news and something to be warmly welcomed, it is very
important that people should continue to write in to the BBC to express their
concern about accessibility issues, and will continue to be important until
such time as every IMG on their sites (<http://www.bbc.co.uk/> and
<http://www.beeb.com/>) has a meaningful ALT attribute, and every whizz-bang
impediment to accessibility has gone.

All the best,

Iain

CC: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

--

Iain Logan, Langholm, Dumfriesshire - Chartered Transport Consultant
<http://homepages.enterprise.net/iainlogan/>