Re: Pop-ups and new windows

From: David Poehlman <poehlman@clark.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:22:54 -0400 (EDT)
To: Paul Adelson <paul.adelson@citicorp.com>
cc: "'Web Accessibility Initiative'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

they're all a pain in the neck.  I have to close the darn window because
it is useless to me.

On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Paul Adelson wrote:

> Microsoft's 16 July 1998 SBN Wire (Site Builder Network) includes hints
> on creating  confirmation boxes (ok/cancel pop-ups).
>
> Do pop-up boxes create accessibility problems, and if so are there
> recommended alternatives?
>
> Along the same lines, what about the growing number of links that open a
> new browser window when you click on them, or the ads that pop up in new
> windows with no warning?
>
> Many of the ads pop up at a specific size, and have all of the standard
> browser navigation buttons hidden (in netscape at least). Does this
> present any special accessibility problems? How important are the
> browser's standard navigational controls to accessibility?
>
>  -- Paul

Hands-On-Technolog(eye)s
touching the internet
voice: 1-(301) 949-7599
poehlman@clark.net
ftp://ftp.clark.net/pub/poehlman
http://www.clark.net/pub/poehlman
Dynamic solutions Inc.
Best of service for your Small Business network Needs
Http://www.dnsolutions.com