RE: Placing generic navigation links

From: Kathy Seven Williams <kseven@utah-inter.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 15:23:36 -0600
To: Jamie Fox <jfox@fenix2.dol-esa.gov>, "'Paul Adelson'" <paul.adelson@citicorp.com>
Cc: "'Web Accessibility Initiative'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 04:16 PM 7/15/98 -0400, Jamie Fox wrote:
>PW WebSpeak 1.4.3 will read through to the bottom of the page regardless of
>the length on a graphical browser

I prefer the links at the bottom of the page for many reasons, not the
least of which is that I'm usually at the bottom of the page when I decide
I want to leave it and go somewhere else - after I've read what is there on
the page. Several screen readers read through a page whether or not it is
all on the screen, and I like the fact that in MSIE WinVision automatically
reads a full page on its own from top to bottom without keystrokes so that
I wouldn't have to do anything until the bottom of the screen if that was
where the menu was located.

K7