RE: Future of HTML

From: Charles (Chuck) Oppermann <chuckop@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 18:13:31 -0800
To: "'Jon Gunderson'" <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu>, Chris Wilson <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
First thing, pickup a copy of “Inside Dynamic HTML” by Scott Isaacs.
Published by Microsoft Press, ISBN #1-57231-686-1.  The book’s jacket claims
that the “complete, fully searchable contents of the book in HTML” is
available on the included CD-ROM.

Also, review our Dynamic HTML site at
http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/default.htm
<http://www.microsoft.com/workshop/author/dhtml/default.htm> .

I’ll be posting regular information about DHTML and it’s accessibility
implications, good and bad, to this list as we move forth.

One thing to note – Dynamic HTML and the Document Object Model work, was at
least partially driven by Scott Isaacs, a Program Manager here at Microsoft
who is really a friend of accessibility.  He pushed hard for a lot of
accessibility enhancements with regard to forms in the HTML working group
and was harping on me a year ago about how an HTML object model can be great
for accessibility.

Charles Oppermann
Program Manager, Active Accessibility, Microsoft Corporation
 <mailto:chuckop@microsoft.com> mailto:chuckop@microsoft.com
<http://microsoft.com/enable/> http://microsoft.com/enable/
“A computer on every desk and in every home, usable by everyone!”