Re: Frames [was RE: Development WAI activitiess

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 17:14:43 +1100 (EST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Following Scott's comments below...

An alternative is pretty simple to imagine. When I write a frame-based
website, I try to ensure that it can be navigated completely and
logically by a noframes browser. Mostly this involves putting the
required links into the main frame, which can then be used as the start
page on its own. A contents frame can also be used in this way, so long
as each page provides a link back to it.

does this work for people? My interest is to provide, where possible,
systems which work with what people already have, rather than locking
them into a constant hardware/software upgrade cycle - I fell out of that
cycle several years ago for economic reasons. Without work-based access I
probably could not afford anything more than Lynx-speed connection.

Charles