Re: Frames [was RE: Development WAI activitiess

scott wrote:

>Here's a section from some documentation for my prototype browser.  The
>section discusses frames and framesets.
>
>    Frames
>
>    If this browser reads a page with frames, it will display a menu with
>    a description of each frame.  The description can include word count,
>    number of links, number of forms and a list of significant words.
>
>    To choose the desired frame, just enter the number of the frame followed
>    by the RETURN key.  If you ever want to change to a different frame
>    for that page, just type the 'fs' command followed by the RETURN key to
>    re-display the frames menu.

LRK::
One common frame idiom is for one frame to be a table of contents.  When
you pick a link or button in the table of contents it changes the
contents of another frame.  In the present version of your browser, what
happens when the user picks such a link or botton?

SL::

When my browser encounters a frameset, it displays a menu with information
about each frame.  The user can then choose from the menu which frame to view.
The browser then displays just the one frame.  They can always bring up the
menu to choose a different frame.

In the example you gave, suppose there are three frame areas.  The first
frame area shows some decorative picture.  The second shows an index frame
while the third shows big frames of text.  If the user is viewing
an index frame in the second area and selects a link which changes the frame
in the third area, my browser will switch to displaying the new frame
in the frame third area.

Scott