Re: Math on the web

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:35:34 -0500 (EST)
To: rjsteffe@students.uiuc.edu (roger john steffen)
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
to follow up on what roger john steffen said:

> I am familiar with the MathML work - but it will no doubt be a year
> or two before web browsers and screen readers do anything meaningful
> with it.

Have you reviewed Nemeth code and related Braille dialects for
Math?

Have you looked into what Raman has done re: speech?  e.g.

 T. V. Raman
 http://simon.cs.cornell.edu/Info/People/raman/raman.html

 Brian Hayes: Speaking Of Mathematics
 http://www.amsci.org/amsci/issues/Comsci96/compsci96-03.html

After you shop around I'm not sure you will find a lower-risk
approach than working with MathML.

Al Gilman