ADA requirement? [was RE: Attitude Adjustment Plea]

From: Kasday, Leonard <kasday@att.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:41:43 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, "'love26@gorge.net'" <love26@gorge.net>
I  absolutely agree with Love's comment that accessibility is a moral
and ethical obligation.

Does anyone have information on the legal status?

E.g. the argument that a web site is functionally one of the  "public
accommodations" that ADA mandates to be accessible?    I've heard that,
unfortunately, ADA was drawn too narrowly for this extension to apply.
But I'm not a lawyer.

Len