Re: Seamless Accessibility

From: Kasday, Leonard R (Len), ALTEC <kasday@att.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 17:13:50 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
While I agree that people should have the ability to hear or not hear long
descriptions or d links, I'm really bothered by the implication that comes
across in some of the mail that people who want to know what a page looks
like are somehow wrong or misguided.  For example, a statement that
describes descriptions of visual aspects as a "frill" that "some people
value".  Saying that someone values a "frill" come across to me as a
put-down of that person.

As far as I'm concerned you try to give a person what they want, period,
without any value judgments.

Len

Leonard R. Kasday
kasday@att.com (until June 30)