Re: Style sheets for access

From: Jon Gunderson <jongund@uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 15:58:59 -0600
To: jutta.treviranus@utoronto.ca (Jutta Treviranus), w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I am not sure having an ACCESS tag of importance would help, since the user
will never know all the class names that an author will create.  For that
matter with the new tools many authors won't even know what their class
names are or even what classes are.  I think style sheet over rides will
work great in pages that do not use CSS or only use CSS on the standard
HTML classes.  But pages are becoming more complex and sub class tags is
becoming more popular.  The use of abslute positioning will also be a
problem, unless the overriding style sheet can somehow modify the existing
positioning.  Many times the user with a disability will not want any
spatial positioning, especially if is not carrying any information usefule
to interpret the page.
Jon

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
1207 S. Oak Street