Re: Discussion list guidelines

Chuck wrote:

>I'm trying to figure out the point of all this.  Is the goal to ask the
>makers of email client software to allow customization of their >quoting?  Or is the goal to get people to change the way they write >email?

>If the former, then I suggest you get some of the makers of email >programs in.  If the latter - good luck!

WL::
The list is almost *DOMINATED* by this particular netiquette issue - as
happens on many other lists as well.  One's (or even several's) proposed
solution to the general problem of email protocol is another's poison.
It isn't particularly an issue of screen readers or edit search
functions - it has never been solved at any level and although it is an
important consideration, it is hard to see what it has to do with making
the World Wide Web accessible to people with disabilities.

Is someone seeing to it that alt-tagging is such an integral part of bit
mapped links and images that it will be easier for authors to tag than
to be nagged?  Let's talk about forms and frames and move the discussion
about more effective email procedures to some other list, please.

WL::end
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE