RE: Moving focus to another place after pressing a button

> Patrick H. Lauke
> In general, to answer Jake's original question...I don't think it's a problem, unless there are other aspects at play that may
> make this more problematic.

To make it more concrete:

- There is a page with products
- Each product is a link with image/ header / description
- On top of the page are filter buttons to filter products on topic
- after clicking on a filter button the page filters the results and focus is placed to the first product link

No change of context, no "on input", no "on focus" (you activate the button on purpose), no consistent identification, no labels or instructions, this is another scenario.

So you click on a button, focus goes to another element (the link) at another place on the page. (hey, where am I?)
Also clicking twice (maybe accidental) (one for button, next the activation of the link) takes you to another page and this may not be what you want.

So still think this is no problem in this case? I have a gut feeling about this one it is a problem.

Cheers,
Jake