Re: What is a failure of 1.3.5 Identify Input Purpose?

Hi John,

John Foliot wrote:
> Hi Josh,
>
>     > its that 'on a per-input basis' that's just not clear from the SC
>

> *Success Criterion 1.3.5 Identify Input Purpose: *The purpose of each
> input field collecting information about the user...
>
> Josh, I'm struggling to figure out how to author this so that the
> requirement is clearer, given the highlighted bits of the quoted SC
> (i.e., "each input field... about the user"). We cannot "re-open" the
> normative text at this time, but is there something in the
> Understanding document that we should add, modify or otherwise clarify?
I think its the not the text of the SC that is the issue, but the
understanding of the 'thing to do to satisfy' the SC.
Heck, it only took me a ~ 35+ email thread, input from two chairs and
some of the worlds best a11y experts for me to get it.

I'm currently working on 'how to guidance' for a potential 'can't cook
won't cook' audience so I needed some bullet proof guidance.
Something is lost in translation for sure.

Thanks

Josh

--
Joshue O Connor