Re: Timeline to get WCAG 2.1 to Rec

On 06/03/2018 12:28, Michael Cooper wrote:
> Here is the detailed timeline we have set up to manage our progress to
> Recommendation:
>
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/WCAG_2.1_timeline/Details

The timeline has the AC review starting in PR, but unless I'm missing
something, the 2018 Process says this should be triggered at CR
[1]https://www.w3.org/2018/Process-20180201/#maturity-levels.

 From 6.1.2:
"A Candidate Recommendation is a document that satisfies the technical
requirements of the Working Group that produced it and their
dependencies, or makes substantive corrections to a Recommendation that
is not maintained by a Working Group, and has already received wide
review. W3C publishes a Candidate Recommendation to
- signal to the wider community that it is time to do a final review
- gather implementation experience
- begin formal review by the Advisory Committee, who may recommend that
the document be published as a W3C Recommendation, returned to the
Working Group for further work, or abandoned.
- Provide an exclusion opportunity per the W3C Patent Policy.
Note: A Candidate Recommendation under this process corresponds to the
"Last Call Working Draft" discussed in the Patent Policy."

It goes on:
"A Proposed Recommendation is a document that has been accepted by the
W3C Director as of sufficient quality to become a W3C Recommendation.
This phase establishes a deadline for the Advisory Committee review that
begins with Candidate Recommendation. Substantive changes must not be
made to a Proposed Recommendation except by publishing a new Working
Draft or Candidate Recommendation."

Léonie

--
@LeonieWatson @tink@toot.cafe Carpe diem