Re: Zoom content updates Pt2

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 16:13:47 +0000
To: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
CC: "White, Jason J" <jjwhite@ets.org>, WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
> Direction of the text: The flow of reading from beginning to end of the text passage. It is based on the order of the words rather than the orientation of the characters.

How does that apply to script characters which are effectively words? (Chinese etc.)

That’s why I think it is not a suitable approach, there is too much variety for a simple definition. It needs to be based on the actual thing we are trying to prevent rather than correlating it with something else.

-Alastair