Re: Is it 2 or 3 years that WCAG will be updated? - I thought it was approx. 3

That is my understanding as well Steve; that the milestones articulated in
our Draft Charter (https://www.w3.org/2016/11/proposed-ag-charter#milestones)
sees WCAG 2.1 ship for June 2018, and I for one will be expecting that this
Working Group not miss that date. (And while I cannot speak for the AC or
W3M, I suspect I am not alone in that expectation.)

This will (I believe) necessitate that not all of the proposed SC we have
before us now will make the cut to meet that delivery deadline, which means
that the outstanding SC will need to wait for Project Silver (3, 5, 7 years
from today), and/or be included into a WCAG 2.2 (date undetermined).

This gap between the specific June 2018 date for 2.1, and the next
publishing date (to include the next 'batch' of completed SC) continues to
be a concern for me personally, but the consensus of the Working Group is
that we'll work to the dates we've identified, and figure out more new
dates later down the road. While I continue to have my reservations, it was
a decision I "could live with", in the interest of getting our draft
Charter completed and out for AC Review.

JF

--
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist