RE: Re[2]: Automated A11y non-issues and SC Parsing 4.1.1

From: Jonathan Avila [mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 9:36 AM

The term visible in the DOM tree is problematic.  Do you mean visible with the current CSS or do you mean exists in the DOM tree?  I would prefer a term that was more clear that we were talking about being present in the DOM tree.
[Jason] The entire proposal is very technology-specific in any case. It wouldn’t address PDF documents, for instance, which have tags but no DOM tree, or contexts in which the author is writing in XML.
One of the principal objectives of WCAG 2.0 was to avoid HTML-specific technical assumptions in the guidelines and success criteria.

Thank you for your compliance.