Re: Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

Here is Gregg's response to the same scenario proposed to Loretta, and it
is essentially the same answer which clinches it for me...

====Gregg's response to the scenario of a an inaccessible Hamburger menu on
mobile device and conforming Mega Menu from the same URI===

I would think about it like I would a site where there was an accessible
alternative - but the alternative was behind a firewall and only available
to some.

Unless the accessible version is available to all - it does not qualify and
an alternative for all (and fails the SC).

They essentially have a page that morphs into an inaccessible form that the
user has no control of.

IN SHORT
- it fails the conformance clause because the accessible alternative  is
only available from the in accessible version under certain conditions -
not at all time.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*