Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

>> I (and I think most others that have dipped into this
mega-discussion) fall in the latter camp which for this very specific
scenario (responsive site, no desktop version link) think it does NOT
pass. Not quite sure who thinks that it does...

I actually fell into the former camp. I felt it passes for a number of
reasons, including accessibility support. "I pass with this
accessibility technology stack, so I have met the law or the judge who
told me to conform to WCAG."

I'm actually quite relieved by Loretta's response ...

>>Using URI is not a good indicator, I'd say.

For better or worse, that is a definition of web page in WCAG. Would
take quite a bit to change it...

https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#webpagedef

​For me with the amendment I propose to the understanding doc of Conf req
#2, if accepted that would be the end of the issue for me... we can address
other issues about conforming alternatives as we go forward. They are not
as pressing to me.​

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*