Re: Principle 4 - Robust (was Re: Help needed with numbering success criteria for WCAG 2.1)

help me understand here.

I don’t see anything much about locking orientation that is an access problem.

if you lock it vertical —  then I can’t use the horizontal trick to make the screen larger — (which I always use) — but instead have to turn to zoom.

But for many, turning the screen sideways zooms it a bit but not enough so they have to zoom anyway.    So it isnt a  show stopper like some things.  It just makes us introduce horizontal scrolling for some more people.

Is there a barrier I am missing?   or is this more like     “wcag says 200% and we would like to require the threshold be higher”

Is there some other barrier that arises when I can’t change orientation?

One I can think of is a person With a physical disability who has his tablet mounted in one direction, and if he goes to a page that forces him in other orientation then he can’t turn it. But it seems to me that this is already true for many apps and I haven’t seen any websites that only work in landscape. So if he needs to have a current portrait for the apps and other places, it seems that you leave it in portrait as it would work on all webpages. But I might be missing something here.

Comments?

gregg