RE: Desktop view should not be conforming alternative to mobile view

[Jason] No objection from me, but I still think we have reason to require scalability to different display sizes of the visual rendering in WCAG 2.1.
A further advantage of adding text such as the above would be to clarify and reinforce the application of the definition of "conforming alternate version".

We also need to consider the implications of personalization technologies for the conformance requirements. The problem arises if (1) there is no single version of the content that conforms to WCAG 2.0, but (2) depending on the user's individual accessibility need/preference profile, a different, customized version is provided, and (3) collectively, those different versions meet all of the WCAG success criteria, even though no single version does so on its own.

This is a case in which the user is forced to choose between disclosure of her or his needs to the Web site/application, and receiving a version of the content that is inadequately accessible. There are large policy issues here. I predict that this problem will at some point become more than a theoretical possibility, and that the very provision of the conformance section which we are now discussing will have to deal with it.

Thank you for your compliance.