Re: HTML for markup and CSS for presentation: valid?

Of course we may not get to dictate the technical specifics of how alternative text is provided, among other topics.  If a site owner was able to make a claim that showed Accessibility Support for a solution that we consider non-standard or even non-preferred but that was able to meet the success criteria we would need to consider that an appropriate use of the WCAG standard.

If there are loopholes that an implementation finds in WCAG that results in a solution that is compliant with WCAG 2.0 but has accessibility barriers for end users then we should take note and think about it when we discuss the next version.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility