From: Sailesh Panchang [mailto:sailesh.panchang@deque.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 12:24 PM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: LC-2961 - ARIA 7 Example 1

Hi Jonathan,
A sighted user can make out the context of the linked text 'Read more'
but is unlikely to identify the link by the SPAN text id=s1.
I suppose most VI users too will like to identify the link by the linked text and have the contextual text available as  its description.
Else there will be a disconnect in its identity for sighted v/s non-sighted folks.
I believe use of aria-describedby in such a situation is better.
Thanks,
Sailesh