Re: SC failure for using pixel font size

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 00:25:43 +0100
To: Jon Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>
CC: Aurťlien Levy <aurelien.levy@temesis.com>, WCAG WG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Jon Avila wrote:
Personally I don't totally agree with this stance because zoom requires the user to scroll horizontally.

That isnít the case for responsive sites, zoom should not trigger horizontal scrolling in that case.

Unfortunately we really need a two tier test, one for sites that are responsive when zooming, and one for those that are not.

I agree with your sentiment/goal though, as it stands I donít think the criteria is strict enough given that it is much easier to deal with zoom using media queries now.

If you arenít familiar with how responsive sites work with zoom I wrote an article on it here: http://alastairc.ac/2013/08/browser-zoom-great-for-accessibility/ which also had some good discussion in the comments.

Kind regards,

-Alastair