*From:* Alastair Campbell [mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com]
*Sent:* Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:26 PM
*To:* Jon Avila
*Cc:* Aurélien Levy; WCAG WG
*Subject:* Re: SC failure for using pixel font size

Jon Avila wrote:

Personally I don't totally agree with this stance because zoom requires the
user to scroll horizontally.

That isn’t the case for responsive sites, zoom should not trigger
horizontal scrolling in that case.

Unfortunately we really need a two tier test, one for sites that are
responsive when zooming, and one for those that are not.

I agree with your sentiment/goal though, as it stands I don’t think the
criteria is strict enough given that it is much easier to deal with zoom
using media queries now.

If you aren’t familiar with how responsive sites work with zoom I wrote an
article on it here:
http://alastairc.ac/2013/08/browser-zoom-great-for-accessibility/ which
also had some good discussion in the comments.

Kind regards,

-Alastair