Re: SC failure for opening new window without prior notice ?

Hello, David.

In my opinion, the HTML contains enough information for the UA to warn
the user, so the issue (if it exists) would depend on the context of
use. Thus, I can imagine a closed environment where the specific set of
OS-browser-AT is properly informing the user about the new window and a
failure would make no sense.

Of course, there can be situations where this type of content may fail
WCAG 2.0 (I would bet for 3.2.5, but also for 2.4.4, as others
suggested). In any case, I don't see it under 3.2.1 or 3.2.2, since the
action that opens the new window is "On Activate", and not "On Focus"
(the focus is not moved from the link) nor "On Input" (no data input or
change of state occurs; the 'active' state of a link is just a
presentational state with no DOM consequences).

Regards,
Ramón.