Re: SC failure for opening new window without prior notice ?

From: CAE-Vanderhe <gregg@raisingthefloor.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 13:44:08 -0400
To: GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
For background on this

I was co-chair of the working group during the discussions of this topic when the WCAG was created - and clicking on a link (in normal use of the link to open or go to a new page) was not considered by the group to be ‘changing a setting’.   This was specifically discussed.  A link IS a “user interface component”, but clicking on it was not considered a change of setting (in normal use of the link to open or go to a new page of content) and the language of the SC was written to (try to) make this clear.

Regards

Gregg