Re: SC failure for opening new window without prior notice ?

Le 09/07/2014 19:12, Paul J. Adam a écrit :
> I didn't think that clicking a link was changing a setting though.
> Users expect links to open URLs. A smart screen reader could look at
> target=_blank and tell them that it opens a new window, or the browser
> could do that.
>
> I think it's more of a best practice than a requirement.
>
> It's an interesting debate though, we've had it before at work and
> determined it to be a AAA violation which clients rarely ask for.
>
> I think it's not really AAA either though. Still just a best practice.
> I always recommend best practices, however, just don't require them.
>
> 3.2.5 Change on Request: Changes of context are initiated only by user
> request or a mechanism is available to turn off such changes. (Level AAA)
>
> If a user clicks a link they are requesting to change their context.
>
> Paul J. Adam
> Accessibility Evangelist
> www.deque.com <http://www.deque.com>
I perfectly agree with that at least we are sure it's an AAA
requirement. Any opinion on using the 2.4.4 ?

Can the purpose of the link "W3c website" in <a
href="http://www.w3c.org" target="_blank">w3c website</a> be determined
without warning ?

I think the answer for that will depend on your definition of " nature
of the result" in the link purpose definition

--
Aurélien Levy
----