Re: [html-techs-tf] caption vs alt

Even if it has been WCAG WG practice so far to class techniques with future potential but no or weak current accessibility support as 'advisory', I think advisory is a misnomer. Under this heading, a developer is likely to look for techniques that, while not ensuring that a particular SC is met, will still improve accessibility today, if marginally. Would an advisory figcaption technique then suggest figure / figcaption as a coding option that must have alt as a fallback? This may lead to redundancy / verbosity in some situations.

--
Detlev Fischer
testkreis c/o feld.wald.wiese

Mobil +49 (0)1577 170 73 84
Tel +49 (0)40 439 10 68-3
Fax +49 (0)40 439 10 68-5

http://www.testkreis.de
Beratung, Tests und Schulungen für barrierefreie Websites