RE: date pickers

From: Sailesh Panchang <spanchang02@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 06:31:01 -0700 (PDT)
To: 'WCAG' <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>, '508' <508@access-board.gov>
>However, looking up our definition for functionality gives us:
>“processes  and outcomes achievable through user action”
>I think the operative word is “outcome”. The outcome is to book a ticket >(or whatever else), and the text box allows that.
Sailesh: That is merely wishful thinking. Why should outcome be the operative word?  What are the grounds for excluding processes? If you read it carefully it says "PROCESSES AND".
Then an e-retail site can place a phone# on their Web page and tell PWD to call that # and place their orders ... The process is immaterial... they still get the outcome of ordering the product or service.
Sailesh