RE: Audio Descriptions for Talking Heads

Hi Bruce... I just want to check what you said:

>>> the only extra work required is to check that the default audio track
provides a voice over for the opening title and closing credits.  The other
thing that is sometimes, but not usually, overlooked is the name and title
of the person talking.

So you are requiring Audio Description of a talking head... the
opening/closing credits, and the name and title of the person speaking?

Why can't those be put in static text alternatives, given that they are not
time based (unless the peaker changes)...?

The problem is not the *amount* of AD required, if even one word is required
it's almost as hard as if there is a lot of it... it is getting into a
studio (or buying an expensive software package that's the big
investment)... even if it's just to announce a title... it might be easier
in the future, but I think a static alternative should be sufficient, no?

David MacDonald
www.eramp.com