Re: Revised Conformance section for WCAG

From: Jason White <jason@jasonjgw.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:31:46 +1000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 12:41:25PM -0700, Sailesh Panchang wrote:
> Suggested wording:
> When a series of Web pages present sequential steps
> that need to be completed in order to accomplish a
> task (or an activity), conformance at a particular
> level  may be claimed only if all Web pages in the
> series conform at that  level.
> ===

Editorial comment: substitute "attained" for "claimed". This part of the
Conformance section is not concerned with whether claims can be made, but with
whether or not Web pages conform (at a given level). I think the requirements
should therefore be stated in terms of conformance itself rather than in terms
of conformance claims.