RE: WCAG 2.0 Conformance Proposals for 30 November 2006

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:38:36 -0600
To: "'Bailey, Bruce'" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Ah I see.

We set it up so that there is no barrier to people saying whatever else they
want to say about their pages.  They can say "I am AAA conformant plus I
meet the XYZ list of provisions for such and such access.  In addition I
have a page customization feature ... etc."

Can you say what you have in mind?   For example - what exactly would
someone do to qualify for your "gold" item (since the advisory technique are
often alternatives and you can't do both at the same time - so you can't say
'all advisory techniques'.

We want to allow and encourage people to go beyond.

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.