RE: WCAG 2.0 Conformance Proposals for 30 November 2006

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 09:18:09 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Is there specific verbiage similar to what 508 has for equivalent facilitation?

>  So we can't have a CC-9 that is advisory.

Okay, so how about:
<q>
CC-Gold, Above and Beyond:  Content that conforms to advisory techniques or other best practices.
</q>

> 2 Non-conforming Content: It is recommended that even non-conforming content conform to the extent that it can.

That is nice too, but it is not the problem I am highlighting.

I am suggesting a way for content owners to claim credit for going beyond what is recommended for A/AA/AAA.  I brought up the example of robust Lynx compatibility.  Other examples would include providing primary information via video sign language or writing at a second grade level.