RE: Failure of SC 1.3.1 due to summary attribute in layout tables

From: Jim Thatcher <jim@jimthatcher.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 16:54:54 -0600
To: "'Livio Mondini'" <livio.mondini@gmail.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Very interesting. I really like 1.3.1 and its power and breadth. But, at
least as currently written, using data table markup (summary, th, scope,
etc) is not a violation of 1.3.1 in my opinion. This success criterion says
"Information and relationships conveyed through presentation can be
programmatically determined." I don't think it says the dual, that
programmatically determined relationships are intended or presented or
something like that. Was this technique included with 1.3.1 because it
didn't fit elsewhere, had no home?

Jim

Accessibility Consulting: http://jimthatcher.com/
512-306-0931