Action Item - Standards Compliant Flash

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 14:22:27 +0000
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Hi All,

I had an action item to show a technique of using Flash in a page
without using the embed element [1]. By coincidence, Andrew
Kirkpatrick posted a message to a mailing list about an article he had
written last year, "In search of a plugin technique" [2]; thanks,
Andrew. His article contains a variety of methods for embedding Flash
content in a web page, along with how well the technique works with
different user agents. The technique I mentioned last week is the
conditional comment approach (nested objects) [3].

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2006/11/02-wai-wcag-minutes.html#item03
[2] http://weblogs.macromedia.com/accessibility/archives/2005/08/in_search_of_a.cfm
[3] http://www.damowmow.com/playground/demos/flash/001.html

Best regards,