Re: REVISED Web Page Proposal - Version 2.0

Hi Gregg,

Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
> Jason is correct.
>
> What was proposed was:
>
> Anything that is invoked by the primary resource is part of the web page.
>
> If there are multiple primary resources that can be obtained by content
> negotiation from a URI - then each would be a web page.  In conformance we
> say that if negotiation fails then the accessible version would be served.
>
> If there are arguments in the URI then it is a different URI  (e.g.
> example.com/pagename?xx=yy )

Of course, that is already in the definition of URI (BTW, that is a GET,
not a POST, which is the issue Johannes posted in his previous email; in
POST requests, the URI is the same, only the HTTP request changes). I
think the issue that is eluded here like the pest, is that *a URI is not
enough to identify any Web Page or Web Unit*, or whatever you want to
call it. We have posted several problematic examples in the past with no
reply.

The issue has been, by the way :-), also identified by the work in EARL,
to identify *Test Subjects*. See more in:

<http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20060705>

regards,
carlos
--
Dr Carlos A Velasco - http://access.fit.fraunhofer.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT