"Web Page" and a "Page Instance"

Hi Don

Here's what I think we were talking about..

Background:

In the "old days" of the web there might be a web site for a restaurant that
had a web page for a menu that would be at the URL
www.myrestauraunt.com/menu.htm  every 6 months or so it would update its
menu. The web page would stay the same but it would be in a different
*state* after the update. In the Web 2.0 that state might be changing with
every event. I would like to introduce a new word for that individual
*state* of the page at any given moment. "Page Instance".  The glossary
entries might look something like this.

Definition:

"Web Page"

a collection of information that is rendered in the User Agent or User
Agents, consisting of one or more resources or components intended to be
rendered together and identified by a single Uniform Resource Identifier
(URI).

"Page Instance"

The state of a web page at any given moment.

Cheers

David MacDonald

access empowers people...

        ...barriers disable them...