Re: "Web Page" and a "Page Instance"

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:18:50 +0100
To: "David MacDonald" <befree@magma.ca>
Cc: "List WAI GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hi David,

> In the "old days" of the web there might be a web site for a restaurant that
> had a web page for a menu that would be at the URL
> www.myrestauraunt.com/menu.htm

I wouldn't go to that restaurant - the server could not be found.

> I would like to introduce a new word for that individual
> *state* of the page at any given moment. "Page Instance".

I think this is a good idea, but the word "instance" already has a
meaning in object-oriented programming to mean an instance of an
object (for its lifetime). To me, without referring to a glossary, the
term "page instance" would mean the life of the page including all its
states. What about calling it a "page state"?

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins