Re: Baseline description -- HERE IS WHAT I AM SENDING LATER THIS AM. LET ME KNOW IF YOU SEE ANY PROBLEMS WITH IT

From: Sailesh Panchang <spanchang02@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:10:49 -0700 (PDT)
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, gv@trace.edu, sailesh.panchang@deque.com
>A Baseline is an established list of technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.) that are accessible >and that an author can choose from when creating accessible Web
  >content.
  Sailesh: (i) These technologies are not “accessible” but have features that permit one to develop accessible content.
  (ii) Should the definition suggest that a baseline can refer to a _combvination_ of Web technologies like HTML, CSS, Javascripting, etc.?
  Consider:
  A baseline is a sset of one or more established Web technologies with features that allow one to develop accessible Web content by using such a set of technologies. The Web technologies in a baseline should be those that are currently supported on a widespread basis by user agents, especially Assistive Technologies.
   HTML, CSS, Javascripting, etc. are examples of established Web technologies and are referenced  by their specific version.

  >Baselines should only be created by those who understand accessibility
  >and Assistive Technology support.
  Sailesh: Should “created” be replaced with “defined” or “specified”?

  >Others should use established, recognized baselines.     One way to think about >baselines is:  An established list of technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.) that are accessible >and that an author can choose from when creating accessible Web content (because it >has been determined that there is sufficient accessibility support for them).
  Sailesh: Above is redundant and may be dropped.

  Thanks,
  Sailesh Panchang
  Senior Accessibility Engineer
  Deque Systems