RE: What does WCAG mean by "a set of Web units"

Hmmmm
Interesting.

 We can't use claim - since there may not be one.

A hypothesized claim at first seems arbitrary.  But if you think about it -
one could say...  If one is claiming level x conformance for the children's
portion of this website then .... etc.

Since you are hypothesizing conformance to start with (since there is no
claim) then one could hypothesize scope too.

Hmmmm

Uh-oh.

What if a site had a section for nuclear scientists and a section for
kindergarteners.   If you evaluated them separately they would conform.  But
someone could say - "if you evaluated this site as whole it would fail
xxxx".  So one could hypothesize something that failed when both pieces
would conform.

This one also would also seem to fail the other suggestion (e.g. if claims
were made for both halves and they linked from the home page -- then the
suggestion that multiple claims from same source would have to conform
together would not necessarily work  (e.g. if there were different terms for
same functions for scientists and kindergarteners). )

I think we are getting closer.  But still not there yet.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center