RE: What does WCAG mean by "a set of Web units"

I think the third definition in Loretta's list might work:

-       the contents of the conformance statement

The others have problems: "Web site" is the term we were trying to stay
away from in the first place because it's so loose and baggy. The notion
of a set of Web units "intended by an author to be used together" begs
the question of how we test for intention, and even if we figured that
out we might be stuck with the idea of "an author," a notion that much
current Web practice simply ignores: authorship is corporate and
multiple, and many individuals contribute Web content without any
knowledge of the context in which it will appear (this is one of the
reasons we had to wrestle with aggregated content when describing
conformance claims).                I think the final bullet, about all
the Web units that appear in a graph starting from a given point, raises
similar concerns, though it *might* work (is there a way to test out the
idea of such a graph? Or have I  misread the item?

John

"Good design is accessible design"
John Slatin, Director
Accessibility Institute University of Texas at Austin 1 University
station Stop G9600
Austin, TX 78712, USA
Phone +1.512.495.4288 Fax +1.512.495.4524 cell +1.512.784.7533
email jslatin@austin.utexas.edu
www.utexas.edu/research/accessibility/