Comment LC-1175: definition of acronym

From: Christophe Strobbe <Christophe.Strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 08:58:24 +0200
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

As I mentioned in the last editors' survey
(http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20060706editorz/results#x1175), the
definition of acronym proposed in comment LC-1175 does not work: it covers
abbreviations that are not acronyms (Mr in English, Me in French, Dr in
English and Dutch, ...). For definitions of acronym, abbreviation and
initialism, see the list I sent on 22 September 2005 at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/att-0851/AbbreviationAcronym.html
(and some comments in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JulSep/0851.html).
If you think we need a more precise definition of acronym, you can assign
me an action item.

Regards,

Christophe

--